2021 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity at Tate Branch Hobbs
The Jeep Wrangler is one of the most unique vehicles you’ll find on the roads of Andrews today. The Wrangler has come a long way with performance advancements for a one-of-kind driving experience. The Jeep Wrangler towing capacity is a highlight that many of our new and returning customers love about the 2021 Wrangler. Depending on the trim level and engine type you select, the Wrangler can tow between 2,000 to 3,000 lbs.
At Tate Branch Hobbs, many of our new and returning customers ask us “How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow?” If you’re one of these customers, use this guide to get a better idea of the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity, and see how this SUV can take you further. Also, apply for financing with our finance center to see what deals and specials you can get today!
How Much Can a Jeep Wrangler Tow?
If you’re asking “How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow?”, then you’ll be pleased to know that it has a max towing capacity of 3,500 lbs. Each trim level offers its own max Jeep Wrangler towing capacity, but to reach its max, you have to know what each trim can do. Use the tips below:
- All 2-door Jeep Wrangler models can tow up to 2,000 pounds, while all 4-door models can tow up to 3,500.
- While most trim levels are available in either 2-door or 4-door configurations, the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims are only available as 4-door SUVs. That means these trims can always tow up to 3,500 pounds of heavy cargo.
- Most of the 2020 Jeep Wrangler configurations (link to 2020 configurations blog if available) return for the new year, and the lineup gains some eye-catching new color choices for 2021.
Jeep Wrangler 4X4 Towing System & Features
When it comes to the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity, there are a few performance features that can help increase its max capacity when driving down the streets of Andrews. You’ll see an improvement in its capabilities as soon as you add one of the following 4X4 systems:
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 uses two-wheel drive when you’re moving over a clear road but switches to 4×4 whenever you encounter snow, rain, ice, or mud.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 uses a 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect to deliver excellent off-road performance.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 is the preferred option for towing because it allows you to select a neutral option for towing on flat surfaces. Of course, it also features a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for adventures that take you over rough terrain.
Along with this 4X4 system, the following features also increase the Jeep Wrangler towing capacity:
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance-Free Battery
- 240-Amp Alternator
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
Test Drive the 2021 Jeep Wrangler at Tate Branch Hobbs
Now that you know more about how much a Jeep Wrangler can tow, come down to our Lubbock-area dealership to test drive this incredible vehicle. Contact us or visit our Hobbs location today!
More from Tate Branch Hobbs
While there are many SUV options to choose from in Andrews, nothing quite impresses Hobbs drivers like the New Grand Cherokee. You might have previously known this model as the Jeep Grand Cherokee L which is now rebranded as the New Grand Cherokee. The New Jeep Grand Cherokee offers two or three-row configurations, but…
The Jeep Cherokee is back for 2022, boasting a sleek design combined with classic Jeep capability. The 2022 Cherokee has a lot to of appeal, from its available 4×4 active drive system to the available 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine. Jeep vehicles may be famous for their power and performance, but there’s no shortage of luxury…
The Jeep name is synonymous with power and capability, and the all-new 2022 Jeep Gladiator carries on that legacy with powerhouse engine specs! The 2022 Gladiator is made with adventure in mind, and it’s designed to keep you as safe and comfortable as possible on the streets of Seminole and beyond. The team at Tate Branch Hobbs…